Friday, January 2, 2009

Crazy Weed Kitchen

This New Year's Eve, I think I died and went to culinary heaven. I have been blessed with being able to travel the world and experiment food from every corner of the earth. Nothing prepared me for the food I ate at the Crazy Weed Kitchen in Canmore, Alberta, Canada. The adjectives 'sublime','amazing' don't do justice to the food.
It was a fixed menu for New Year's Eve. My entree was seared scallops on greens with a peanut/chili based vinagrette that was music to my tastebuds. I followed that with a winter salad. The compote in the middle of the salad had cinnamon and clove that counterbalanced the frisee salad. My mouth waters just thinking of it. My main course was the beef tenderloin, medium rare with a caramelized agridoce shallot gravy on top, served with parmesan batata rosti...DIVINE!!!!!!!!!!!
The ambience felt like I could have been in a restaurant in New York, Sao Paulo or Rio de Janeiro, airy and modern with very tongue in cheek photography gracing the walls. I was transported from the mountains of Alberta to another world. All that was missing was a movie star to walk in with their entourage.
This place is a MUST!!!!

1600 railway avenue
canmore, alberta
t1w 1p6

email



phone
403 609 2530


fax
403 609 2501



hours of operation
sat & sun
mon - fri
everyday
closed 10:30 - 3 brunch
11:30 - 3 lunch
5 - late night dinner
statutory holidays

No comments: