Sunday, April 27, 2008

It's Not Easy Being Green

The eternal lamentation of Kermit the Frog.....As Sesame Street is entering into its 39th season, the idea of being 'green' has changed drastically from its days of being bummed out because of your skin color. Nowadays its all about 'green' this and 'carbon' that.
I would like to do my part in saving the planet, but at what cost??? My sanity? I tried the diaper washing thing, didn't work...who has time to boil dirty diapers when you have TWO kids(father and son)begging for your every minute? I don't think so!! Hello Huggies, sorry landfill.
So years after my kids have left their carbon footprint with Huggies, I would love to redeem myself to Mother Earth. I am looking for a new car. I would like to buy a Prius, but God are they UGLY!!!!!!!Can't Toyota make a station wagon for us soccer mom's? Would fly out of the showroom!!!!!! A Volvo XC 70 station wagon AWD Hybrid is my consumeristic dream...Think about it!.....
Suddenly being green is not that hard. I wish the car executives would listen to me.

No comments: